Breast Cancer is a group of cancer cells that starts in the cells of the breast. It starts when cells in the breast begin to grow out of control. These cells usually form a tumor that can be seen on an x-ray or felt as a lump.
According to the WHO, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide. It affects hundreds of thousands of lives of women each year.
10 Facts About Breast Cancer
1. Most Common Cancer
Did you know that breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 1 in 8 women is suffering from breast cancer.
2. Risk Increases With Age
The risk of breast cancer increases with age. According to the statistics data published in medindia, if you live to 90 years the risk of developing the breast cancer in almost 14%.
3. Number of affected women is very high
According to one report, around 1.7 million breast cancers were diagnosed worldwide alone in year 2007. And approx 465,000 women died due to breast cancer.
4. Highest Affected Countries
North America, Australia, Europe have the highest incidence of breast cancer. Large parts of Africa and Asia have the lowest rates.
5. Rate Of Risk Is Growing Every Day
According to the data published in medindia, in the last 25 years it incidence has gone up by 30% in the western world.
6. Other Things Includes With The Increased Risk Of Developing Breast
There are many other things which also affects with breast cancer like menopause later in life, obesity and consumption of alcohol etc.
Breast Cancer Can be prevented by screening
8. Early Treatment Can Help Women A Lot
Early treatment of breast cancer can increase the chance of 5 year survival upto 98%.
9. BRCA mutation
Women with a BRCA mutation who get their ovaries surgically removed can reduce their risk of breast cancer by over 50%
10. Fellatio and Swallow Semen
According to a study done by North Carolina State University indicated that Women who performed the act of fellatio and swallow semen regularly(around one to two times a week ) may reduce their risk of breast cancer by upto 40 percent.
More Important Facts About Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- It is estimated that each year around 250k women in the united states will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 41k will die.
- Breast cancer in man is very rare but it is estimated that around 2500 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer each year and approx. 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Increased Risk Of Developing Breast Cancer Include
- Start Of Menstrual Period At An Early Age
- Menopause Later In Life
- Having A First Or Second Degree Relative With Breast Cancer
- Consumption Of Alcohol
- Never Having Children
- Using Contraceptives
- Using hormones replacement therapy during post-menopausal years
- Certain Inherited Genetic Mutations For Breast Cancer (BRCA1 and BRCA2)
How To Decrease Breast Cancer Risk
- By Breast Feeding
- By Moderate Physical Activity
- By Maintaining Normal Weight
- By Stop Smoking
- By Screening
- 1 hour of exercise each day reduces breast cancer risk by 25%
Good News About Breast Cancer Trends
In recent years, perhaps coinciding with the decline in prescriptive hormone replacement therapy after menopause, we have seen a gradual reduction in female breast cancer incidence rates among women aged 50 and older.
Death rated from breast cancer have been declining since about 1990, in part due to better screening and early detection, increased awareness, and continually improving treatment options.
and how many people will develop it within their lifetime, breast cancer facts, facts about breast cancer, Get the facts about breast cancer, how many people are diagnosed each year, including what it is, Top 10 Facts About Breast Cancer
Read Original Article Here – http://www.buzzbasement.com/top-10-facts-about-breast-cancer-which-will-blow-your-mind/